Tuesday 4 February 2014

Chorizo hash

Today I am posting a very simple meal which everyone loves. I think I first discovered this in an Italian restaurant in Clapham about 20 years ago. I am not sure if I remembered or copied it correctly but this is the way I have always done it. The trick is to use good quality chorizo, a nice spicy one. We had it last night and the kids all fought over the crispy bits stuck to the bottom of the pan.

  • 4 or 5 spicy chorizo sausages.
  • About 6 – 8 good sized potatoes sliced into 1cm chunks
  • A large head of broccoli
  • 2 large cloves of garlic thinly sliced.


Put the potatoes into boiling salted water for about 5 minutes. You want them partly cooked. Slice the chorizo and garlic and cook with a little oil in a large pan. I use a paella pan. After about five minutes add the drained potatoes and sauté until the potatoes and sausage are cooked through and going a bit crispy. You need to keep moving them about in the pan. Finally add the broccoli and toss them in the potato chorizo mix and season with salt and pepper. Bring to the table and dig in.

No comments:

Post a Comment