Thursday 19 June 2014

Beach BBQ Worthing style

I could not resist the temptation of posting this blog picture in black and white.  I did so because the setting is so reminiscent of small black and white images of my childhood.  sitting on the same pebble beach a few miles up the coast in Hove.  My grandmother, clad in thick coats and scarfs whatever the weather,  my brother and I running in and out of the sea, whatever the weather.   Last weekend our friends took us down to the beach.   Yes, it rained, yes, it was occasionally windy but, as is so often the case in England, we stuck it out.  The sun emerged, the children swam and we ate Asian inspired BBQ.    Delicious fish on skewers, steamed asparagus marinated in olive oil, fish and soy sauce, but the squid deserves special comment.  Again steamed in foil parcels, the squid had been marinated in a little oil, chilli, fish sauce and soy sauce, with the addition of spinach.  Chris steamed these over the BBQ for no more than five minutes.  We could have been on a beach in Indonesia... well almost.

No comments:

Post a Comment